The Book of Revelation #33
This chapter marks the end of the seventh trumpet and its seven signs. The sign of triumph appears towards the end of the section. He who perseveres will be saved.
These seven signs are
- The woman
- The Dragon
- The beast from the sea
- The beast from the land
- The Lamb and the 144,000
- The Proclamation of the Gospel
- The harvest of the Earth
- The Triumph of the Saint.
Salvation, therefore, is not guaranteed and God, who loves us, will not procure us final perseverance unless we ask for it daily.
This talk will explain the significance of Christ on Mount Zion and its relationship to the Liturgy. In fact, without the Liturgy, this passage becomes difficult to understand in a manner that is meaningful to all the Christians who have lived during these twenty-one centuries. As you listen to this talk, it will become progressively clearer that purely end-of-time or purely pre-70 A.D. interpretations are untenable, and that the Book of Revelation calls for an interpretation grounded in the Sacred Liturgy of the Catholic Church.
- Why is Christ standing with the 144,000 on Mount Zion? What does it mean for us today?
- Why are the 144,000 called "first fruits"?
- What is the significance of the "new song" and why is it the "song of Moses"? Also, who is singing this song?
- Who is this mysterious figure sitting on a cloud?